Thursday, January 19, 2012

Custom BOB Project - Update #5



2nd and I think final coat of color has been applied to the armor bits. I'm about 98% satisfied with it. Unfortunately, some of the darkness of the original armor color shows through still. The paint coverage is not quite what I would have liked, but the truth is no one will ever see it unless they got up really close, and even then, after 2 coats primer and 2 coats color, its darn near perfect. Maybe I should have applied a 3rd primer coat, or I should apply a 3rd color coat, but that is getting into the territory of 5+ coats. Have to be careful applying too much paint because at a certain point it becomes more susceptible to chipping. Since my figures are for display, and I don't seal them, I have to pay particularly careful attention to the chipping factor. Really I think its just me being picky, as the artist doing the work. You always find something you wish you could have done better, right? After I dirty the armor up with the wash at the end it probably won't even matter anyway. We'll see.

Related Blogs:
Custom BOB Project!
Custom BOB Project - Update #1
Custom BOB Project - Update #2
Custom BOB Project - Update #3
Custom BOB Project - Update #4

No comments:

Post a Comment