Friday, November 11, 2011

Custom BOB Project - Update #1

Things are coming along slow but steady. Can't say its been totally smooth though. I killed my main brush somehow. Totally fried and split. Ugh. I have another one that is a slightly different size that is uncontaminated so fortunately I can use it for white/white primer, but its not ideal. Its meant for super small detail so it takes longer to paint the large areas with. If I can just make it to the end of the project without having to order another brush, I'll be happy. Definitely need to replace the ruined brush and get some acrylic thinner before my next project though. *sigh*

Priming is finished on the lower legs, butt armor (lol), and on the jetpack. First coat has been applied to the waist and backside piece (the butt armor goes over the backside piece). I will put the second primer coat on the waist/backside tomorrow, and then I'll probably be taking a break as I've got other things going on over the weekend. The plan once I get settled back into doing more painting is to prime each of the arms next, then the helmet, and the torso last. Not sure how many stages it will take to do the arms, but I'm thinking it'll be one arm at a time, maybe upper and forearm to completion, giving them one coat per session over two sessions, then the hand to completion over two sessions, then same on the other arm.

Related blogs:
Custom BOB Project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment