Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Buddh International Time Trial - F1 2011

Since we JUST had the inaugural Indian GP, I decided to go back and run a time trial at Buddh International for comparison to the fastest times from this year's GP. When I ran the numbers I got some surprises.

My Fastest TT Lap
Team: Red Bull 
Sector 1: 27.324
Sector 2: 26.360
Sector 3: 30.584
TOTAL: 1:24.270

Fast Lap Record
-0:02.979 VET 2011

2011 Best Sector Times
Sector 1: -13.685 HAM
Sector 2: +4.134 VET
Sector 3: +9.909 VET

2011 Fastest Lap
+0.092 VET Q3

It's that last one in particular, the fastest 2011 GP weekend lap, that REALLY burns me. I lost to the real Sebastian by just NINE HUNDREDTHS OF A SECOND. It's gnawing at me, because I'm pretty sure I can find that teeny bit of time to beat him! Wish I could have been this quick in qualifying during my sim, too...theoretically if I had been fast enough to make real life Q3 and turned it during my sim Q3 session, it would have been good for 2nd on the real grid, beating Hamilton by two tenths of a sec and some change hehe! Ah well...woulda coulda shoulda!!!  The biggest surprise for me was the sector times. Clearly my setup and style gave me a MASSIVE advantage in sector one (probably didn't hurt that I was dumping 100% of the KERS with the DRS open down the back straight after turn 3 lol). But WOW was I SLOOOW in the other 2 sectors! Its crazy that I was so fast in the first that it made up for the rest THAT MUCH. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment