Sunday, November 6, 2011

Abu Dhabi GP Simulation - F1 2011

It's that time again F1 fans and friends! My F1 2011 simulation of the Abu Dhabi GP at Yas Marina has begun! Day 1 is complete and here are my results so far:

Team: Red Bull
Driver: Mark Webber

DAY 1
FP1
Weather: Dry
P1 1:40.738 prime - (white/medium) tires

FP2
Weather: Dry
P1 1:40.483 - prime (white/medium) tires

Update with Day 2 FP3 and Qualifying results coming soon (probably tomorrow)!


UPDATE 11/7/11

DAY 2
FP3
Weather: Dry
P1 1:40.225 - prime (white/medium) tires

QUALIFYING
Weather: Dry
Q1 - P1 1:39.828 - prime (white/medium) tires
Q2 - P1 1:38.528 - option (yellow/soft) tires
Q3 - P1 1:38.962 - option (yellow/soft) tires

Pole position for race day! Woo! Update with race day results coming soon!


UPDATE 11/8/11

RACE DAY
Weather: Dry
Laps: 55
Results:
1st - WEB (me) 1:34:29.258, Fastest Lap 1:39.014
2nd - BUT +2 laps
3rd - VET +2 laps

Yeah...I think I need to up the AI to professional, at least at this track, lol. I beat Button by a tad over 4 min, lapping him twice lol. I did well this race to check the tire strategy before the start - they had me set for opt, opt, opt, prime, and considering the tire bug, I adjusted it to opt, opt, prime, opt. Now, I'm not sure if I fell victim to the bug anyways, because I had 3 option stints even though they weren't consecutive, or if my third set of options were just scrubbed cuz I was low on tires, but the last stint on the scrubbed options was interesting with the tires being in the red the last 5 laps lol. Even though it didn't save me in the wear department, I think putting my option stint where I did was one of the reasons I had such a large lead by the end. Anyways that was my first time redoing the tire strategy and it all worked out fine so I feel much more confident about doing that in future races if it becomes necessary. I need to think about being more careful with my option tires in qualifying, perhaps doing an out +2 and in strategy in Q2, and maybe Q3 also...I can always go back out in the last 10 min or so if need be. I think I could still set P1s in the first 2 Qs without so many laps, and then I wouldn't get myself into so much trouble come race day hehe.

So that's all for my Abu Dhabi sim. I am very excited to see how I stack up to the real race times after this weekend. I'll be back with a comparison blog of course. It is worth noting...I beat Sebastian Vettel's still standing 2009 race lap record by 01.265...I am feeling good about my chances against real life this time! :)


UPDATE 11/9/11

Something else interesting has come to my attention as I looked over my sim data and times from last year. Aside from beating Seb's fast race lap record that he set in 2009, I beat his total race time from 2010 by 5:07.579...FASCINATING! But when we look at the 2009 race where the fast lap was set? Well that's not so amazing...Seb beat my sim race time by 25.844. And my time would only have gotten me 5th. Hmm. Of course, what gimmicks did the cars have that year? I can't remember. I'd say last year is much more indicative of what to expect this year. And if things go like last year, I will be the race winner by a mile and hold the new fastest Yas Marina lap record!!! Will my times hold up? We will find out this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment