Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Custom BOB Project - Update #4







It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...a BOB-trooper??? LOL

As you can see, priming on BOB is FINALLY complete!!! YAY! Next stop is application of color, which has me very, very excited. I'll be starting on the couple of detachable armor pieces first, then moving on to BOB himself. Then after color comes the wash/dry brushing phase to add detail and 'grit' to his armor. That step should be much easier with the thinner. The stuff I got should work better for breaking the surface tension of the solution than plain old water does. Should help it seep into all the little nooks and crannies real nicely. And of course the thinner has worked miracles with getting my brushes clean. YAY! No more wrecked brushes! Just goes to show you that it doesn't pay to try and skate by cleaning with just water.

I was also fortunate enough to find one of the weapons packs the other day...So completed BOB will have his concussion rifle! YAY!!! It also gave me the DMR I need for my next project...hehehe...

Related Blogs:
Custom BOB Project!
Custom BOB Project - Update #1
Custom BOB Project - Update #2
Custom BOB Project - Update #3


UPDATE: Things are starting to look BOB-like! Coat number one on the detachable armor bits is done - after another coat or two, I think its going to look perfect. The yellow I picked out couldn't have been any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment