Thursday, December 1, 2011

F1 2011 - To McLaren or Not to McLaren?

Here's the deal. In my F1 2011 career, the contract offers for next year have started coming in. The first 2 came after Spa. Lotus and Force India respectively. I was heavily considering Force India. Now after a big win at Monza, I've got three more, including an offer from one of the "big three". Torro Rosso, Williams...and McLaren. Seems my beating their boy Hamilton to a bloody pulp (I picked him as my rival) has gotten their attention!

There it's is. Right in front of me. My ultimate goal to race for one of the top teams. My rookie season hasn't even ended, and my big break has come. You would think there would be no question right? If only...

Do I go to McLaren, which gives me a BIG chance of scoring a Red Bull contract...or do I go to Torro Rosso (Red Bull junior team)? This is my big quandry. I'm sure my F1 friends are reading this right now and thinking its a no-brainier. Go with McLaren. Straight to the top. But...that kinda takes away the fun of working my way up through the teams doesn't it? I was kinda looking forward to a season or two with a middle team, you know. The way I always pictured it was to go to Torro Rosso next anyway. And maybe, just maybe that's a better path to Red Bull than one of the big three would be. I have this chance to go to McLaren...but I kinda want to go to Torro Rosso first. And I will have a true lower team experience there because I'm turning my career difficulty up to Pro AI after this first season. I would hate to miss that experience and go straight to just win win win. Sounds crazy, I know. I think I'd still be in this quandry if an offer was on the table from Red Bull! It just seems too EASY to go straight to the top after only one season.

The other thing hanging me up? Well...As a loyal Red Bull fan, the idea of driving for McLaren leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Just sayin'.

I guess at the end of it all, the chance at McLaren is moot since I wouldn't have the opportunity if I'd started on the higher difficulty. I just wanted to learn the ropes and guarantee some achievements early on, ya know? Call me crazy, but I think it's gonna be Torro Rosso. Go to "Red Bull Jr." and work my way up. I pretty much have to chose before the next race. Tough call, but I think Torro Rosso next, and the AI that matches my skill, will make for a more enjoyable career. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment