Sunday, October 14, 2012

F1 2012 Race Report - RaceDepartment Random Fun Series 1 Silverstone

Team: Lotus
Participants: 9+3 Intermediate AI
Qualifying: P5
Race: P4
Objective: Finish 9th or better PASSED


Qualifying: 
Run 1 1:35.583 on options. Good for provisional pole, but I dropped to P4 by the time I returned to the garage. Run 2 On options, no improvement. End session in P5.

Race:
Lap 1 Initially lose a position to winky going around turn 1. I'm taking extra care to be safe, leave enough room, and stay out of contact. Winky goes wide at turn 4 letting me take back P5. Someone is off at turn 6, giving me P4. Winky passes me on the outside into turn 15, dropping me back to P5. Ash has pitted and I pass him to move back into P4. Lap 2 Chasing winky. He goes too deep at turn 16, letting me past to take P3. Lap 6 Calzonie gets DRS but goes too deep into turn 6 giving the position back. Lap 8 Make a mistake chasing Sentry Bravo through Maggotts/Becketts and get a bit wide onto the grass. Lose traction as my wheels come back onto the tarmac and get sideways, taking my front wing off in the barrier. Pit from P5 for a new wing and ask for primes. Come out P8. Lap 10 Trying to pass down straight into turn 6, but I'm blocked with Alonso AI inside and benny outside. Benny goes off onto the grass at turn 13 and I go past for P6. Lap 12 Pass Calzonie while he's pitted for P5. Lap 13 Battling Irish. Lap 14 On Irish's tail through Maggotts/Becketts, getting the pass finally at turn 13 for P4. Lap 16 Calzonie taps me on the inside going around turn 6 and I start to get sideways but am able to save it. He gets by in the process, dropping me to P5. Then he gets on the grass at turn 13 and I take back P4. Lap 17 Calzonie gets a clean pass on me this time into turn 6. Drop back to P5. We're fighting it out down the old pit straight. He moves offline to block the inside. I try to go outside, and he moves back to block me. I then try to dive inside only to have him turn in and hit me, which sends me sideways, but at least my front wing doesn't get destroyed this time. Irish gets past and I'm down to P6. Lap 18 Get wide around turn 1 and lose traction as wheels come back onto the tarmac (just like earlier incident). I almost save it but end up spinning. Get back underway still in P6. Lap 21 Pass Irish while he's pitted to take back P5. Next lap Calzonie gets disconnected, giving me P4. Lap 25 Pit stop for another set of primes that I hope will make it to the end of the race. Irish passes me and I come out P5. Lap 33 Catch Irish while he's pitted for P4. Lap 51 Finish in P4, one lap down.

----------------------------------------
RD F1 2012 Random Fun Series
Starts: 1
Finishes: 1
Best Grid: P5
Best Race: P4
Podiums: 0
Wins: 0
Points: 12
--------------------------------
RD F1 2012 Club Stats
Starts: 4
Finishes: 4
Best Grid: P4
Best Race: P1
Podiums: 1
Wins: 1
Points: 45
------------------------------------------
RD Lifetime F1 Games Club Stats
Starts: 17
Finishes: 15
Best Grid: P3 (x2)
Best Race: P1
Podiums: 6
Wins: 1
Points: 180

No comments:

Post a Comment